Summer is the perfect time to host a vegan BBQ! Whether it's 4th of July or just a random summer weekend, whip up some delicious plant-based dishes on the grill that everyone will enjoy. Here are some
- Beyond Meat Veggie Burgers - this is, hands down, my favorite veggie burger on the grill! It comes in ground "meat" form and you have to press the "meat" into a patty shape and place on the grill until it cooks through. Serve on a bun - or without a bun - and top with your favorites like avocado, salsa, and vegan cheese.
- Grilled Asparagus - this has to be my favorite veggie on the grill but you have to make sure that they are the larger asparagus or they will fall through. Brush it with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper and then throw them on the grill.
- Grilled Veggie Skewers - Marinate your favorite veggies (like bell peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms) in either a teriyaki sauce or the same mixture as the asparagus. Grill them on skewers for a colorful and flavorful side dish.
- BBQ Tofu - Press extra-firm tofu to remove the excess water, then marinate in BBQ sauce before grilling for a protein-packed main dish. Either cut the tofu into large squares or put it on a skewer so that it doesn't fall through the grill.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob - This can be made traditionally with vegan butter put on it but I like it Mexican street style with vegan mayo, cayenne pepper and nutritional yeast!
Don't forget sides like watermelon, vegan potato salad and vegan key lime pie! With just a few substitutions, you can have a tasty and healthy summer vegan BBQ that everyone will love!